1. Preheat oven to 350* F. Coat baking sheet w/ pan spray (lightly)
2. Cream butter - the butter must be creamed till very soft. This will allow it to incorporate better with the remaining ingredients.
3. Add the sugar. Cream together.
4. Add the eggs - one at a time.
5. Combine the buttermilk, vanilla and maple syrup, set aside.
6. Combine the remaining dry ingredients.
7. Add the flour mixture and the buttermilk mixture into the creamed butter and sugar alternately (ending w/ milk).
8. Add the orange zest. Mix to combine.
9. Using a #30 scoop, scoop cookies onto baking sheet.
10. Bake for 8-9 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool for two minutes.
11. Warm remaining syrup. With a basting brush, coat each cookie w/ maple syrup.
12. Transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool or enjoy warm with a cold glass of milk.
I hope you enjoy making this formula! It truly is yummy!